Thorntons, Inc. – Edgewood, KY
Area, canopy and security lighting for gas station and convenience store
- 20 THE EDGE canopy fixtures featuring petroleum symmetric optics
- Three THE EDGE security fixtures with Type III optics
- 10 THE EDGE area lights with Type III optics
- All products feature BetaLED’s exclusive Colorfast DeltaGuard® finish in white
- Save 62 percent on energy costs compared with traditional 320-watt metal halide fixtures
- Creates a brighter more inviting environment for customers
- Reduce carbon emissions by roughly 30 percent
- Eliminate disposal of mercury found in metal halide and other conventional lighting sources
Thorntons Inc. Saves 62% on Energy Costs with BetaLED
Kentucky-based Thorntons Inc.™, one of the leading retail chains in the gasoline and convenience store industry operating over 150 facilities in six states, has made a commitment to exterior BetaLED® luminaires for 13 properties, and all future renovations and new construction. The company recently opened a convenience store with gas in Edgewood, KY and is the first-ever LED store in the state.
“BetaLED’s superior technology, fixture quality and the dramatic decrease in utility costs we’re already experiencing are making this a very smart decision,” said Eric Zoph, Thorntons’ vice president of construction and environmental concerns. “ One of the biggest problems faced by owners is how to maintain light levels and make the facility feel inviting without wasting a lot of energy. These LED luminaires solve that problem.”
The long life and reliability of LED light sources diminish maintenance costs and help increase profits through reduced labor and relamping expenses.
“We’re very pleased to partner with Thorntons,” said Scott Manning, BetaLED sales manager. “This is a forward- thinking company that recognizes the advantages of LEDs.”
Thorntons is saving approximately 62 percent on energy costs compared with traditional 320-watt metal halide fixtures. At each of the 13 convenient and gas stores, the LED luminaires will reduce carbon emissions by roughly 30 percent and eliminate disposal of mercury found in conventional lighting sources.